Havok is now available for evaluation or non-commercial use. Interestingly if you sell your product for less than 10 US $ to the end-user, you are granted a Havok license free of charge too.
Extract from the "Havok™ Physics / Havok™ Animation Limited No-Charge PC Game License Agreement"
- publicly demonstrate, and publicly distribute a Havok-enabled non-commercial end-user compiled, binary executable software application or game for the Windows PC Platform, in which the Software is compiled and distributed within the software application or game in an integral, non-separable way, for no direct or indirect commercial value;
- publicly demonstrate, and publicly sell a Havok-enabled commercial PC Game only for the Windows PC Platform for a retail value of less than or equal to ten US Dollars (US$10.00) (or equivalent amount in other currencies based on prevailing exchange rates at the time of game launch), and in which the Software is compiled and distributed within the binary executable game in an integral, non-separable way only;
- publicly demonstrate a Havok-enabled commercial PC Game for the Windows PC Platform, intended for commercial sale above a retail value of ten US Dollars (US$10.00), subject to (aa) in Havok's sole discretion, Havok's prior written approval; and (bb) execution of a separate no-charge PC Game distribution license which must be secured from Havok at www.havok.com/PCgamedistribution; and
- develop compatibility between the Havok SDK and PC Game tools, PC Game middleware, and PC Game engines, subject to no components of the Software being redistributed in any manner.
- publicly distribute Havok-compatible commercial and non-commercial demo code and academic research subject to no components of the Software being redistributed in any manner.